Essential Surgical Practice Fifth Edition
Essential Surgical Practice Higher Surgical Training in General Surgery Fifth Edition reflects these latest developments with a new structure that accurately mirrors current surgical training. This new edition excludes surgical specialties that are distinct from general surgery, allowing an increased focus on topics of direct relevance to trainees in higher surgical training.
Over 31 chapters, the book provides detailed information on those specialties of which the general surgeon is required to have a working knowledge, and highlights core information for revision and quick reference.
- Surgical biology and pathology
- Surgical craft approaches and technologies
- Perioperative care
- Cardiovascular, pulmonary and renal pathophysiology
- Surgical infections
- Interventional radiology
- Trauma and head injuries
- Disorders of the thyroid and adrenal glands
- Disorders of the stomach, liver, spleen, colon and pancreas
- Bariatric surgery