Psychiatry Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls is a case-based reference that covers the key material included on the USMLE Step 2 and Step 3, as well as the psychiatry clerkship. Focusing on the practical information you need to know, it teaches how to analyze a clinical vignette in the style of a morning report conference, sharpening your clinical decision-making skills and helping you formulate an evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios.
- Each case has been carefully chosen and covers scenarios and questions frequently encountered on the USMLE/psychiatry boards, shelf exams, and clinical practice, integrating both basic science and clinical pearls.
- “Beyond the Pearls” tips and secrets (all evidence-based with references) provide deep coverage of core material.
- “Morning Report”/”Grand Rounds” format begins with the chief complaints to the labs, relevant images, and includes a “pearl” at the end of the case. Questions are placed throughout the case to mimic practical decision making both in the hospital and on the board exam.
- Introductory chapters discuss practical psychiatry skills for daily functioning including taking a history, presenting and writing a note, briefly reviewing psychopharmacology, and ethical considerations.
- Written and edited by experienced teachers and clinicians; each case has been reviewed by board certified attending/practicing physicians.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (May 5, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323672965
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323672962
There are no reviews yet.