Rhoton’s Cranial Anatomy and Surgical Approaches 1st Edition
Cranial Anatomy and Surgical Approaches is the master work of the legendary neurosurgeon Albert L. Rhoton, Jr. — a distillation of 40 years of work to improve safety, accuracy, and gentleness in the medical specialty the author helped shape.
Newly reissued and featuring more than 2000 full-color illustrations, this definitive text on the microsurgical anatomy of the brain remains an essential tool for the education and enrichment of neurosurgeons at any career stage. It fulfils its author’s hopes to make, in his words, the “delicate,
fateful, and awesome” procedures of neurosurgery more gentle, accurate, and safe.
Across three sections, Cranial Anatomy and Surgical Approaches details the safest approaches to brain surgery, including:
· Micro-operative techniques and instrument selection
· Microsurgical anatomy and approaches to the supratentorial area and anterior cranial base, including chapters on aneurysms, the lateral and third ventricles, cavernous sinus and sella.
· Anatomy and approaches to the posterior cranial fossa and posterior cranial base, including chapters on the fourth ventricle, tentorial incisura, foramen magnum, temporal bone, and jugular foramen
· Supra- and infratentorial areas, including chapters on the cerebrum and cerebellum and their arteries and veins
- Publisher : Oxford University Press; 1st edition (November 1, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 784 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0190098503
- ISBN-13 : 978-0190098506